- Abortion in Queensland: FAQ
- Queensland abortion law
- Australian abortion law and practice
- Abortion rates in Australia
- Abortion and Medicare
- Medical abortion in Australia
- How safe is abortion?
- Attitudes to abortion
Submissions, reports and papers
- A Compilation of Termination of Pregnancy Request Data - Children by Choice received a grant from Queensland Health to complete 16 individual Hospital and Health Service reports based on data from 2016/18.
- The Cost of Abortion Access in Queensland - Data from the Children by Choice financial assistance program for disadvantaged women 2015 -2017.
- Review of termination of pregnancy laws [pdf] - Children by Choice submission to the Queensland Law Reform Commission, supporting the decriminalisation of abortion, January 2018.
- Health (Abortion Law Reform) Amendment Bill 2016: Queensland [pdf] - Children by Choice submission to the Queensland Health, Communities, Disability Services and Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Committee, supporting the decriminalisation of abortion in Queensland, September 2016.
- Abortion Law Reform (Women's Right to Choose) Amendment Bill 2016: Queensland [pdf] - Children by Choice submission to the Queensland Health, Communities, Disability Services and Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Committee, supporting the decriminalisation of abortion in Queensland, June 2016.
- Health (Patient Privacy) Amendment Bill 2015: ACT [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the ACT Government on draft exclusion zone legislation, September 2015.
- Reproductive Health (Access to Terminations) Bill: Tasmania 2013 [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the Tasmanian Government on abortion law reform, 2013.
- Health Insurance Amendment (Medicare Funding for Certain Types of Abortion) Bill: Federal, 2013 [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the federal Senate Standing Committee on Finance and Public Administration Inquiry into sex selective abortion in Australia, 2013.
- Medication abortion [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee in support of the listing of mifepristone and misoprostol on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, March 2013.
- Queensland Termination of Pregnancy Act 2018: Full legislation.
- Pregnancy outcome statistics, South Australian Department of Health: South Australia is the only jurisdiction to collect and report on pregnancy outcome data, including abortion, annually.
- Victorian Law Reform Commission report into abortion law - 2008: overview of issues including clinical practice, community opinion, rates, etc.
Submissions and papers
- Queensland Child Protection Commission of Inquiry [pdf]: Children by Choice submission, September 2012.
- Past and present adoptions in Australia: resource by the Australian Institute of Family Studies outlining current adoption policies and practices in Australia and examining the history of adoption.
- Forced adoptions history project: website created by the National Archives of Australia to 'increase awareness and understanding of forced adoptions.
Submissions and reports
- Ulipristal availability in Australia [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the Therapeutic Goods Administration supporting over the counter provision of ulipritsal (emergency contraception), April 2016.
- Over the counter oral contraceptive provision [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the Therapeutic Goods Administration on creating Schedule 3 entries for oral contraception, December 2014.
- Contraception factsheets: series of resources by True Relationships and Reproductive Health (formerly Family Planning Queensland) outlining the efficacy, availability, cost, possible side effects etc of different contraceptive options for men and women.
- Efficacy of contraception methods [pdf]: single page comparison of the efficacy rates for typical use of contraceptive methods available in Australia, by the Family Planning Alliance of Australia (formerly Sexual Health and Family Planning Australia).
Submissions and papers
- Setting the Agenda [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the Australian Labor Party's national consultation on gender equity, August 2017.
- A Human Rights Act for Queensland [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to Queensland government, March 2016.
- Developing a Queensland Women's Strategy [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to Queensland government, December 2015.
- Out-of-pocket costs in Australian healthcare [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the federal Community Affairs Reference committee, May 2014.
- Expansion of income management [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the federal Government, June 2010.
- National Women's Health Policy development [pdf]: Children by Choice submission, November 2009.
- Women and Sexual and Reproductive Health: position paper for Australian Women's Health Network, authored by Children by Choice, 2012.
- Women's Health Victoria Clearinghouse: access to published local and international information on women's health, searchable by topic or keyword.
- Equality Rights Alliance: Australia's largest organisational network of women's advocates, of which Children by Choice is a proud member.
- Unplanned pregnancy in Australia
- Pregnancy counselling in Australia
- About Children by Choice and who uses our services: FAQ
- Making a decision: this worksheet was developed by our counselling team, for women considering their options with an unplanned pregnancy.
- Best practice principles: this resource was developed by our counselling team, for professionals working with women who may experience an unplanned pregnancy.
Submissions and papers
- Developing a reproductive coercion white paper [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to Marie Stopes Australia white paper development process, February 2014.
- Domestic violence in Australia [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the federal Senate Finance and Public Administration References committee, July 2014.
- Domestic violence in Queensland [pdf]: Children by Choice submission to the Queensland Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence, November 2014.
- Family and domestic violence - taking control of your My Health Record: If you are affected by family and domestic violence, you can take steps to control the information in your My Health Record here.
- Marie Stopes White Paper: Hidden forces, shining a light on reproductive coercion.
- Screening to Saftey Project Report : Final project report regarding the Screening to Safety program from Children by Choice. Funded by the Samuel and Eileen Gluyas Charitable Trust managed by Perpetual.
- Ending Violence Against Women Queensland (EVAWQ): peak body of women's health, sexual assault and domestic violence services in Queensland, formed in 2015 to advocate on gender-based violence, of which Children by Choice is a proud member.
- Our Watch: a national body working to change the 'culture, behaviours and attitudes that lead to violence against women and children'
- Exposing Reproductive Coercion [pdf]: A toolkit for awareness-raising, assessment, and intervention: produced by the Feminist Women's Health Centre and the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, United States.
Last modified on: 15 July 2020
Facts and Figures
15 July 2020