This workshop explores domestic violence and reproductive coercion and abuse in the context of pregnancy options decision-making. It will enhance understanding, assessment and referral pathways for health and allied health care and support practitioners who may provide pregnancy options counselling or support clients who have ongoing case management or engagement with services.
Introduction to Violence and Reproductive Coercion and Abuse
This training is open to all health and allied health care practitioners who may provide support to people needing pregnancy decision making counselling.
- The intersection of domestic violence, pregnancy and termination of pregnancy
- Reproductive coercion and abuse behaviours
- Diversity, young people and reproductive coercion
- Strategies for increasing reproductive autonomy for women and people with uteruses
- Supporting the pregnancy decision making in the context of domestic violence
- Assisting women and people with uteruses to access contraception less vulnerable to detection and sabotage
- Patterns of violence during pregnancy and the practice implications
- Discussion, reflection and self-care
ALWAYS WAS, ALWAYS WILL BE ABORIGINAL LAND
Children by Choice acknowledge the traditional owners of country throughout Queensland and their continued connection to land and community. We recognise the two separate cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Children by Choice recognises the dispossession of land and its ongoing effects on Aboriginal peoples today. We acknowledge the sorrow of the Stolen Generations and apologise for the removal of children by white Australians.
Children by Choice reserves the right to alter this program or facilitator/s without further notice, however, the program is intended to run as agreed. Children by Choice reserves the right to cancel this training workshop, and if this occurs, registrants will be notified and any advance payments refunded in full. This event is offered in accordance with Children by Choice’s pro-choice framework. Children by Choice reserve the right to refuse registrations and remove individuals from the event and to hold sessions virtually if needed due to current Queensland Health advice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is it?
What it is
This is the answer