Research shows that the provision of age-appropriate, evidence-based sexuality education for young people can delay the onset of sexual activity, increase contraceptive use, and reduce the rate of sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancy.
Our education programs
We provide sexual and reproductive health information to young people. But because sex is part of a healthy lifestyle, our education sessions with young people are about more than just pregnancy prevention - we talk about sex and pleasure in the context of informed consent.
Our sexuality education aims to:
- provide a sound foundation for the development of healthy sexual identity;
- provide age-appropriate information;
- provide information in a way that encourages acceptance of self and others;
- encourage young people to choose to be sexually healthy; and
- enhance relationships.
What we offer
- Tailored one-off or a range of sessions covering specific topics. For example: pleasure & consent; reproductive coercion & contraceptive options; pornography and technology facilitated abuse; unplanned pregnancy options; privacy & sexual and reproductive health care services.
- Children by Choice info stalls at forums, health & wellbeing days and school, University or other events.
What young people say
"She made it funny and entertaining."
"I learned you have a right to say no. It's completely your decision. You are your own boss."
“As an LGBTQI person..thanks... you’ve far exceeded my expectations”
"Everyone felt safe to say something."
"I learned to know when you're ready for sex and what a healthy relationship should be like."
What organisations say
"...our gratitude for helping the Yr 9 Wellness day be a great success” -School Based Youth Health Nurse
“I am very pleased with the content of the workshops & the way the service achieves the outcomes the school desires” - Head of Department: Physical Education
“Your knowledge and support made the sexual health forum a worthwhile experience." - Year 9 Coordinator
We value working with young people in environments where students can provide opinions, be listened to, ask questions, be free of judgement, respect differences, and be safe. Talk to us about group sizes and engagement in learning.
Single sessions start at $200 and fees are negotiable.
In person sessions available in Brisbane and southeast Queensland. Virtual sessions may be available statewide